Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Vegan Muffins and a case of Hide and Go Seek Doggie Style

As many of you know, I have a baby and her name is Yoshi.  She is a tiny Yorkie full of spunk and is only a little bit spoiled.

(OK, fine, she is totally spoiled.Why walk on a leash when you can get carried right?) She spends her days at my side or on my lap. I wonder how many times a day I say "NO YOSHI"?
I scrambled to get dinner started and on the table as we were running a bit late last night and everyone was starving. In the process my son was working on our electric gate out back so we were careful not to let Yoshi out.  In the hustle and bustle of preparing dinner and getting it on the table, I wasn't even aware that she was not at my feet or trying to get into the trash.

We  sat down to eat and started talking about our day, when suddenly I asked " Where's Yoshi?" "Have you seen the dog?"  Everyone replied "no" . So we got up and went through the house calling her name, checking closets, bathrooms, bedrooms, but nothing. I went outside to ask my son if had seen her and he said no. This prompted and all out search for the missing dog. How could she have gotten outside without us noticing?  My heart was full of panic as I walked though our yard and rounded the corner to where our pool is. It took all of the strength I had to look in the pool and the hot tub to make sure she didn't fall in. ( she fell into the hot tub once while we were in it). A sigh of relief, not in the pool.
We walked the entire neighborhood, alleys, and stopped everyone we seen along the way asking if they had seen her and if they do please bring her home.  My poor Yoshi is lost!!  I couldn't believe this was happening!! Darkness was setting in and still no Yoshi.....
Jim and I decided we would get in the car and drive around to see if we can find her.  I am in tears thinking she is lost out there in the real world or worse, someone has stolen her!  As we back out of the driveway we see my daughter running out of the garage with Yoshi in her arms yelling " I found her!"
We rush in and grab her and hug her. We asked my daughter where she found her and she said.......... wait for it....  
 
THE CABINET!!  LOL



Yoshi had made her way into a small cabinet in the kitchen and could not get out.  She didn't bark or make any noise while we we calling for her in the house. Finally she whimpered and my daughter followed the sound.

YOSHI YOU ARE ALIVE!

She lavished us with doggies kisses and we hugged her tight.. My baby is safe! No more hide and go seek!!!

This called for a celebration!! Blueberry Vegan Muffins!
These are so easy and yummy ( especially fresh from the oven)

VEGAN BLUEBERRY MUFFINS


    • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract ( I used coconut because I was out of vanilla

    Mix cider with milk and set aside.  mix all dry ingredients and then add oil and milk. Mix well and stir in fresh blueberries. 
    Line muffin pan with paper cups and fill about half full 

    Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean





    1 comment:

    1. AWWWWWWW!!!!! Phew,Yoshi is safe! That had me scared for a minute, Pam! My sweet little cat Norman does this to me sometimes and after I have an all out panic/freak out heart attack episode he will just "show up". What a little brat! But I still love him so much! Yoshi is a cute little baby!

      ReplyDelete