Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ultimate Reset : Day 2 Bye- Bye Meat


I woke up today with a slight headache, but felt better soon after rising. ( wish i could say that about our poor little dog who coughed all night)


We enjoyed a nice warm breakfast of oatmeal with blueberries and a side of Greek yogurt sweetened with pure grade b maple syrup. This was very satisfying on a cold rainy morning. ( sorry forgot to take pics)  We both agreed that the oatmeal kept us feeling fuller longer today than the eggs from yesterday. 

I felt a little more organized today than yesterday.  Starting to get the hang of things and the timing of supplements.  I also prepared a few thing in advance so that REALLY helps. 

Lunch was our last of our meat products. It consisted of a tossed salad with chicken and balsamic vinegar.  ( I really like Balsamic Vinegar as a dressing) I savored every bite of my chicken and chewed it as slow as I could to make it last as this is the last meal we have with meat for the next 19 days.

WATER WATER WATER AGAIN=PEE   Although not as much as yesterday but still many trips. (probably TMI but hey it's part of my journey...LOL)

So with the rainy day, I stayed home and started studying for my Personal Trainer certification. It's been awhile since I had to study so I really had to focus and go slow.  

I set a reminder on my phone for my Alkalinize (aka "shot time" It really isn't that bad, sorta like salty spinach with grass. I chased it with a squeeze of lemon.

Felt pretty good this afternoon, had a burst of energy and sort of a euphoric feeling so I wiped down counter tops and stone back splashes  with Mr Clean (Gain scented is the bomb!) along with door knobs and the trash can. Pretty productive I might say...

Snack Time!!  woohoo!  I worked up an appetite . I had a boiled egg and 6 saltine crackers 

I prepared our dinner and discovered I LOVE KALE!  I steamed it for 3 minutes and then squeezed fresh lemon juice and tossed it with a few pine nuts. OMG! I scarfed it down!   Just one serving of kale gives you more than your daily quota of immune-boosting vitamin A, bone-strengthening vitamin K and vitamin C.  YOU SHOULD BE EATING THIS!!!

The rest of the meal was great because it was a bit Mexican. Black beans and rice with corn. This will make a great "meatless Monday " dish.


BLACK BEANS AND RICE
Recipe:  
1 can black beans
1 cup fresh or frozen corn 
1 cup cooked brown rice
1/4 teas. cumin
1/2 - 1 tea chili powder ( depends on your taste)
salt and pepper

Cook beans til hot and drain. Mix with rice, corn and add seasonings.  Cook on stove top until everything is warm . 
Serve on corn tortillas and top with salsa, cilantro and guacamole or sliced avocado 
Hard to see my food on my plates, but they are so pretty!! 

Well day 2 has come to an end.. pretty good day!  ( except I am feeling a bit hungry now that it is bedtime, but I will drink some more water and sleep on it)

See ya tomorrow!

Pam


3 comments:

  1. The black beans and rice were totally my favorite on the Reset! We still make it now! I loved the kale too. When you're done with the Reset, you've got to try kale chips. They're off the hook and so much better for you than potato chips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the black bean and rice dish when I did the reset. The work is totally worth how it makes your body feel. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! The reset is such a great program, can't wait to see your results when you finish =)

    ReplyDelete