Tuesday, November 20, 2012

An All Natural Approach to Thanksgiving

So as Thanksgiving is almost here, I started my preparations.  I am trying to go more "all natural whole foods" and limit preservatives and artificial additives and trying to buy as much organics as possible.

Today I made  pumpkin pie ( except crust , just not good at that) so I used Marie Calendars crust.
 I just followed the directions on the can of pure pumpkin and used organic and pure ingredients including free range organic brown eggs.





This made the house smell so festive on such a warm Texas day. Yes, it was sunny and warm 78 !!

My next adventure .... Cranberry Sauce

1 cup water
1 cup pure raw sugar granules
Bring to boil

Add 1 bag of whole cranberries
2 Pears chopped
Bring to boil and reduce heat and
simmer 10-12 minutes

Cool and put in a container and refrigerate
Super good and easy! And not some substance from a can that is all jellied and weird looking with can grooves on it.

So that is what I accomplished today as well as laundry and a trip to the mall with my 15 year old daughter and even got in some strength training too!

Have you substituted whole or organics in your recipes?



1 comment:

  1. Yuuuummmmm! You added pear to cranberry sauce? That sounds like an awesome flavor combo! Home girl's gonna be getting creative with her oatmeal tomorrow morning. :)

    ReplyDelete