Friday, November 23, 2012

Who's Gonna Run This Town

My Thanksgiving started with an unofficial "turkey trot" across our town,  A few friends of mine gathered for a nice long run, walk and bike ride from one end of town to the other ending at Lake Lewisville.  It was a beautiful morning with temps in the upper 50's to lower 60's. Lots of sun and no wind.  We met and then everyone took off heading towards the lake. We ran, walked and biked at our own paces.

We stopped briefly to snap a quick photo at about half way. Getting closer as you can see part of the lake in the background.

The route was a straight away but got very picturesque the closer we got to the lake.

 My friend Jennifer didn't want any pictures but I had to anyway because I love her!
Its was approximately 4.5 miles out and then we turned around to head back. We gathered at the park entrance for a quick group photo and some water.

And on we went for our journey back to where we started. Its was such a great day for a long run. It felt good and my body felt strong.  

After we conquered our 8.51 miles we recovered with P90X Results and Recovery and then headed to work at our Bowling Center for the day. We even managed to bowl a game. ( I lost 169 to 208) One game was all i could manage after running and yesterday's extreme Ab workout. I swear my abs were swollen!  It hurt to laugh, move and breathe!!  But "no pain no gain right"??

Anyway we ended the day with a nice soak in the jacuzzi and a toast!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment