Tuesday, November 27, 2012

It's not easy being me..

Well, the time is here that I have been dreading, not so much the trip, but the reason for the trip. My Dad is having cancer surgery on Thursday. He has already gone through a round of chemo and radiation to shrink the tumor so they can hopefully remove all of it. ( Cancer Sucks!!!!)

So I have spent the day getting things ready for our road trip to Amarillo Tx. ( yes, "Amarillo by Morning",everyone sings that George Strait song when I mention I am going there ) LOL
My breakfast was Greenberry Shakeology mixed with orange juice, banana, and blueberries. Then I snuck in 30 minutes of  easy strength training


First stop was to get the oil changed and tire pressure checked. ( luckily I had an appointment so that only took 40 minutes)
Next I managed a quick trip to the mall to Sephora for make-up refill. (LOVE that store!) Wish I could have spent longer in there but I had to make my hair appointment and still needed time to come home and eat lunch so I wouldn't be forced into mall food or worse, going without.
I ate leftover quinoa  from last nights Meatless Monday.
Made it just in time for my hair appointment and the much needed pampering from girl Jessica.  This visit was for color touch up and trim.
See, Its not easy being me...LOL

After I was colored, washed, cut and dried , I was out the door and off to the High school to pick up papers I need to judge over the weekend.  ( Volunteer work is never done)

Finally home at 4:15 and decided I should start packing. I hate to pack. How does one decide what to wear and when to wear it? So not only do I pack clothes, I have to pack shoe, boots, scarfs, and accessories  for each outfit.  See...again.. not easy to be me...
I mean seriously, what if I change my mind and want to wear something else?  So I packed more. Is anyone else like this ?  SO finally I am packed, ( i think) and managed to make dinner. Pecan crusted chicken, baked sweet potatoes and biscuits ( my daughter had to have them)

Recipe:
Boneless thin chicken breast
Lite mayonnaise
Pure maple syrup
crushed pecans

Mixed syrup and mayo in a bowl
dip chicken in mixture
roll in crushed pecans

place on shallow baking pan ( sprayed or brushed with olive oil)
Bake at 375 for 15-17 minutes or until chicken in no longer pink

Well it is time to call it a day as we will be on the road early tomorrow.

Blessings!
Pam


2 comments:

  1. OH wow really sorry to hear about your dad having cancer but that's really sweet of you to go with him for his opt and my goodness you have been busy today that dinner you had sounds really good i'm gonna have to try that out! thanks for sharing and good luck on your trip!!

    Rick Reppin
    rickrep.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your dad! CANCER SUCKS FOR SURE!!!! Hope everything goes well during your trip. I am definitely going to be trying that chicken recipe... like soon!

    massagemomfitness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete