Monday, November 12, 2012

Did you go meatless today?

Meatless Monday has been declared in my house. I warned my family of it last week. I kept reminding them as it got closer. Then this morning I announced " today is meatless Monday" you should've heard them complain and try to question as to why we would do that? I tried to prepare them but I guess it didn't sink in.
Who would've thought that " meat " played such a big part in their day. My teenage daughter eats PB&J everyday so I assumed no meat for a day wouldn't be such a big deal. WRONG!
You would've thought I said she had to go without her phone for a day. Lol
She made herself a pepperoni hot pocket to rebel against it. Lol. She did eat a small portion of dinner so I give her some credit for participating.
The others went along with it for the entire day.

Here is what we had:
Recipe
Cheese ravioli
1 can northern beans
1 can diced tomatoes
3/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
3/4 cup mushrooms
2 tablespoons oregano
2 tablespoons basil
1/2 minced garlic

Boil ravioli
In separate sauce pan bring all other ingredients to a boil
Drain pasta and gently mix in with the sauce. Top with grated Parmesan cheese

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being nominated for the Sunshine Award...this looks delicious, I saw your nomination on: http://myrealfoodfamily.wordpress.com/
    Have an amazing day!!!!

    ReplyDelete